Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas and Santa Barbara

Fun Fact: Eggs is meat!

Alright Grandma… you told me these are still too long so this is my attempt to make these blogs more reader friendly.  Unfortunately by granting your wish for a shorter blog I will have to ignore your request to curtail the poop talk!

So as you all may or may not know - Christmas was this week!  I don’t really remember anything we did all week leading up to Christmas so I will start on Christmas Eve.  We went to the movies and saw “The Big Short” starring Steve Carrel, Christian Bale, Ryan Gosling and MOST IMPORTANTLY Brad Pitt.  It was about the housing crisis in 2007 and was based on a true story.  It was a good movie but the fact that it was based on reality and it pointed out that nothing has really changed since then it makes you pretty sad when you leave!

Speaking of movies!  You’ll never guess what we did on Christmas!  We saw the new star wars!  Spoiler alert: I enjoyed it and thought it was a great movie!  I would say it was better than The Big Short because I didn’t leave having lost some faith in humanity!  There’s also lots of fun action and lasers and stuff!  It’s so fun!  We saw it with some of the people we went to beerfest with (see post from early December-ish).  Afterwards we all went to the bar and enjoyed some beverages before finding out that the bar we were at was not serving food because the kitchen was closed.  Thankfully the Asian restaurant owners of Orange County understood the predicament we were in and we went to a Thai restaurant for dinner before coming back to our apartment and playing some Jackbox games until we were laughing so hard we were peeing our pants with excitement!  (Sorry grandma… I have a problem with bathroom talk that’s only been exacerbated by the fact that I was told not to do it).

Saturday (December 26) we woke up and jumped in the convertible (with the top up because it’s colder in OC than RI… which is really just more annoying than anything) and headed north to Santa Barbara.  Santa Barbara is north of Los Angeles just past Malibu!  Unfortunately due to a wild fire we were not able to drive through Malibu so I was unable to make any clever Mali-booty references - the ride up also took about 4 hours rather than the 2 hours it would have normally taken.  We ended up getting there around 2pm and went to State Street which is where lots of the touristy things are.  We walked around for a while until we found a winery!  That’s where I took this picture!
  

 After we left the winery we went to dinner where I took this picture…



THEN we left dinner and went to another winery where I took no pictures!  We did however get some wine and a couple cool wine glasses (one of which made it home unbroken)!  After our stroll around town we headed to the Airbnb where we stayed the night in a lovely room in a house owned by Charmaine and John… they were very nice people who offered us a California King size bed in a room with a city view!  We watched the road to the NHL winter classic on the laptop and dreamed about the hockey game we would be seeing six short days from then!

Sunday we woke up and went for a hike on a trail in the hills of Santa Barbara.  It was about a two and a half mile hike before we worked our way back down to Santa Barbara Brewing Company to get some breakfast and watch the Patriots game!  I had a breakfast pizza that included eggs, peppers and onions, and chorizo!  It was a yummy distraction from that train wreck in New York.  After the game we walked around town a little more.  We went to the historic courthouse and I took this picture.


After we left the courthouse (we didn't get married mom... don't worry) we got back in the car and headed home.  Luckily the fire was contained or maybe put out by the time we were driving home and we were able to take the highway home - which allowed for awesome ocean views!  After we got home Carissa made us go out and buy another dresser for me so she can have another arts and crafts project and so she can take another step towards making me an adult.  It’s like she doesn’t even know me.


That’s all for this week!  I did have a doctor’s appointment today which was my first trip to a doctor that wasn’t Dr. DeAngelis.  It was a sad moment and again - another trip towards the adulthood I’ve been trying to put off for so long.  It is Monday in California and Tuesday in RI which means I will be home in 2 and 3 days!  Hopefully we will somehow manage to see all of you in the few days we’re home!  I am excited to see you all and until then, may your poops be plentiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment